11/05/2004

Scott Speicher May Finally be Homeward Bound

US forces appear to have located the remains of Lt Commander Michael Scott "Spike" Speicher in Iraq. This is the only one of our troops not returned at the conclusion of the first Gulf War. I render an old Vet's most solemn salute to this hero of our nation.

Labels: , ,

Blogger Combat Doc said...

When I came back from Desert Storm I was at the Vietnam Memorial and a vet was selling MIA bracelets and I bought Michael "Scott" Speicher because he was from Florida. Little did I know how improtant his name would be and I have it near my desk always. For 13 years since I bought it whenever I hear his name it forces me to look at it and think of what happened to him. Keep blogging!!

3:31 PM  

|

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com