8/06/2009

A New Solidarity


I've gotten a number of questions in my email about this banner that I recently decided to add to my sidebar. This banner is of my own making. To begin with I blatantly stole Lech Walesa's Salidarnosc logo from the Polish democracy movement of the 1980's. Droves of Poles marched under this banner and eventually won freedom from communism for themselves.
It is my belief that we here in the USA desperately needs our own Lech Walesa. We need some dynamic leader to inspire us to free ourselves from the depredations of communism. So I overlaid the American flag over Lech's Solidarnosc logo to add context.

Lech led his people to freedom in a peaceful revolt and that is my hope for this nation as well. I have heard and seen so many otherwise patriotic people lose hope lately and start entertaining thoughts of revolt. I've even seen a few talking about the possibility of revolution.

Flying this logo on my sidebar is my form of quiet revolt against the tyrannical direction this country is headed.

It is my hope that it will not only display my discontent but also help remind myself and others that change can be arrived at without resorting to violence.

This banner also represents my fervent wish for a true leader to arrive on the scene. How many election cycles have you had to hold your nose and vote for the least objectionable candidate? I long for a candidate that I can wholeheartedly support.

So as you can see, my motivations and its meanings are manifold.

If you feel the same way that I do, I invite you to borrow and fly my simple banner on your side-bar. All I ask, is that you drop a message in the comments to let me know that you too feel like I do.

Oh and one other note... DO NOT believe that I am a pacifist. I just believe that before one resorts to directing bellicosity toward one's brother that they ought to contemplate that act long and hard. It should be a last resort, not the first one. I say this because war should never be entered into without the willingness to utterly decimate your opponent to secure victory.

--- U P D A T E ---
Here are a few variations of the logo that may fit your page layout better:

Old Style, White Background, Large, No Slogan
Old Style, White Background, Large, With Slogan

New Style, White Background, Large, No Slogan
New Style, White Background, Large, With Slogan

New Style, Black Background, Large, No Slogan
New Style, Black Background, Large, With Slogan

New Style, Grey Background, Large, No Slogan
New Style, Grey Background, Large, With Slogan

New Style, Transparent Background, Large, No Slogan
New Style, Transparent Background, Large, With Slogan

Old Style, White Background, Medium, No Slogan
Old Style, White Background, Small, No Slogan

New Style, White Background, Medium, No Slogan
New Style, White Background, Small, No Slogan

New Style, Grey Background, Medium, No Slogan
New Style, Grey Background, Small, No Slogan

New Style, Black Background, Medium, No Slogan
New Style, Black Background, Small, No Slogan

New Style, Transparent Background, Medium, No Slogan
New Style, Transparent Background, Small, No Slogan

Blogs That are flying the banner

My Wife's Blog
Rightwing Extreme
Washington State Impolite
Resistance and Life
Defiant Infidels
Global Domination Through Applied Inactivity

If I missed your blog, speak up!

Labels: ,

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com