1/22/2008

Dejected!

Senator Fred Thompson withdrew from the race for president today saying:
Today I have withdrawn my candidacy for President of the United States. I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort. Jeri and I will always be grateful for the encouragement and friendship of so many wonderful people.
This is a very sad day for the Republican party and the United States. Senator Thompson was the one true conservative in the race for the Presidency this year that had a snowball's chance in hell of winning. Tom Tancredo is a fantastic candidate that unfortunately hasn't the money or name recognition to win. That means that we will be forced to hold our noses this election cycle again and vote for the candidate that will do the least damage again.

I would like to offer the comments section of this post to supporters or representatives of the remaining candidates to convince me that their candidate it the one I should throw my support behind. Keep in mind that no matter who that candidate is, I have SERIOUS reservations about their conservative credentials. I therefore will not be thrilled about offering my support. The argument here is to convince me that your candidate is the candidate which will cause the least amount of damage.

The stage is yours, convince me.

Labels:

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com