10/10/2004

Oxymoron: Military Intelligence II

I found an excellent article that articulates the points I tried to raise in my initial "Oxymoron: Military Intelligence" post.

In this article the points I was trying to make are all laid out very systematically. I guess it's good to see that I am not the only person thinking along these lines.

If you care about our troops, get a hold of your Senators and representatives and start making some noise about having our troops rolling around in trucks like some sort of Mogadishu technicals! This is just an idiocy that must be ended now! We can do better for our troops than that.

Oh, and BTW, if you read my "Part Deux" post you may have grabbed this link and read it. If so, then you know that the Stryker is not the answer either, if not, do it now. The Stryker was a boondoggle, a retirement plan for an aging General (Maj. Gen. David K. Heebner) that wanted to get rich (he now works for General Dynamics, the Canadian firm that builds the Stryker) by selling our troops short! Besides, if Bush gets hacked for "out-sourcing", why did Clinton send this defense contract to Canada? I mean have you had a look at the Canadian Army lately? Nothing against the Canadian troopies mind you, but with the equipment they're given, they couldn't fight their way through a French whore house!

I've contacted my senators and representatives on this subject and I encourage all of you to do the same. Democrat, Republican it does not matter if you say you support our troops, I get to call you a stinking liar if you don't invest a few minutes of your time to jot them an e-mail!

Here I'll even make it simple for you. Here's a link to figure out how to contact them.
Blogger gecko said...

Being an active duty Marine, I'll have to defer for a few more months. It would not be my place to critisize the Army! I have to add that your post on the subject has merit. I think part of the rub is that most unarmored HMMWVs are used by support personel within the confines of garrisoned bases, however they do from time to time need to move supplies between these bases. That's when they run afoul of IEDs and ambushes.

1:13 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

I think part of the rub is that most unarmored HMMWVs are used by support personel within the confines of garrisoned bases, however they do from time to time need to move supplies between these bases. That's when they run afoul of IEDs and ambushes.

If only that were true. Unfortunately the 2nd ACR was deployed with unarmored HMMWV's and they are supposed to be recon. troops, not garrisonned REMF's!

We have people pulling convoy security and combat patrols in these things!

10:26 AM  

|

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com