I've finally gotten around to starting something that I've been wanting to do for quite some time now.
I've purchased one of those AK kits that have been around for years now. I picked this particular one up from J & G Sales for the "kingly" price of $99.95. When the kit arrived I must admit I was very happy with what I got. This rifle shows absolutely no signs of having even been shot. The bore is bright and shiny as is the face of the gas piston and the rifling is sharp. There's no carbon to be found other than that created by the BATF's moronic receiver cutting madness. The outside of the weapon appears to be covered in copious amount of dust. The only rust I could find was on the oiler hatch on the stock. All of the serial numbers are matching and this Romanian AK appears to have been manufactured in 1983. Once I've finished this thing I hope to have it looking something like this:
I'll keep you all up to date on my progress.