12/09/2008

Nothing to Fear but Fear Itself

On Sunday Obama has asked Americans not to rush out and stock up on guns. He added, "I believe in common-sense gun safety laws, and I believe in the second amendment. Lawful gun owners have nothing to fear. I said that throughout the campaign. I haven't indicated anything different during the transition. I think people can take me at my word."

You see there he goes talking out both sides of his mouth again. By saying both "common-sense gun safety laws" and "I believe in the second amendment" in the same sentence he is being nothing but a run-of the-mill lying politician. His legislative history has proven that his idea of "common-sense gun safety laws"includes an outright ban on all handguns... Something clearly not in line with the second amendment as interpreted by the Supreme Court in Heller vs DC.

Make no mistakes Mr. Obama, we the freedom loving citizens of the United States are on to you. We know that you will support any and every attempt to curtail our rights to keep and bear arms. I understand your consternation though. I mean the people's buying spree means you will have more firearms to confescate.

On the other hand, the left is throwing hissy fits because Obama has not tapped more far-left loons for cabinet positions... Wait a second, he's got Hitlery Klinton in his cabinet and Joe Biden as his veep... How much farther left can you go and still retain enough intelligence to string more than monosyllabic words together into sentences?

Labels: , ,

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com